Project Control Analyst (Integrated Master Scheduler)Date posted 06/14/2019
Job ID#: 24215BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Project Control Analyst (Integrated Master Scheduler)
Job Category: Finance/Accounting, Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Control Analyst to work within our Aeronautical Systems Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Compliance group in Poway, Ca. With general direction, this position develops, statuses and maintains proposal and contract schedules this includes, originating network structures, statusing the plan, resource loading, advanced resource and network logic balancing, Monte Carlo simulations, and integration into earned value plans on projects/programs of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and tracking of contract deliverables.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engages with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Performs risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates At Completion.
- Implements Earned Value Methodologies, performs related variance analysis and works with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure uniform application of company procedures.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of contract deliverables.
- May participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule, manpower, and cost estimates.
- Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value reports/analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of related experience.
- Must have a complete understanding of the concepts, and practices involved in analyzing multiple contract types.
- Experience with scheduling tools and process is required.
- Recent scheduling experience with Microsoft Project or Microsoft Project On-Line required is highly desired.
- Exposure to other related project scheduling tools utilizing earned value methodology, performing DCMA 14 point analysis, and Schedule Risk Assessments.
- Experience incorporating baseline changes, critical path analysis, resolving schedule execution metrics issues and author CDRL reporting.
- Understanding of GAAP and FAR. Experience with IBRs and DCMA JSRs desirable.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand scheduling, planning and tracking procedures, and manufacturing systems in a development and production environment.
- Understands numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Monthly plan reconciliation, risk assessments and "what-if" will be required.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company independently on programmatic matters, as well as able to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP) is a plus.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No