Project AdministratorDate posted 10/16/2017
Job ID#: 14725BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Project Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing, Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Administrator to join our Advanced Program team located in San Diego, CA. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the administration of operational aspects of ongoing projects
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers daily operational aspects of one or more ongoing projects; participates in project plan development.
- Integrates and analyzes project plans to ensure milestones and delivery requirements are met; ensures that all the key parties are advised.
- Participates in problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records.
- Coordinate cost and pricing evolutions on proposals and requests for information, primarily from Government sources and programs, like the DoD Ordnance Technology Consortium (DOTC), Information Analysis Center (IAC), and/or Services or other agencies and organizations
- May represent the organization with outside organizations.
- Provides direction to support staff and may provide direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive professional project administration experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project administration principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Should have strong understanding of proposal processes for US Government and Federal DoD acquisition programs.
- Experience with cost and labor management processes; work with SAP a plus.
- Experience with Executive level presentations on program proposals and program execution.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of problems; (2) good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) good interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) good computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- May require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired