San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Project Accountant at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Under general supervision with regular review for accuracy, reviews contracts and prepares customer invoices for Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M and Progress Payment contracts in a government contracting (Aerospace/Defense and commercial) environment.
- Records journal entries (revenue, billed and unbilled accounts receivable) and supports other month end close processes.
- Ensures revenue recognition is in compliance with US GAAP and applicable company policies.
- Completes project and account reconciliations.
- Prepares and supports government final and quick close-out invoices.
- Supports government and financial audits.
- Coordinates and participates in the research and analysis of accounting and financial data.
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of highly complex reports. May present findings to professional staff and/or management.
- Provides excellent customer service and works closely with the Contracts and Finance departments.
- Assures Company compliance with Financial Accounting Standards, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and disclosed Company practices.
- Recommends improvements and/or changes to processing methods and techniques.
- Contributes to and ensures the accuracy of accounting data, transactions, and reports.
- Ensures accounting files and records are accurate and up to date.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive experience in accounting with a bachelor's degree, or at least one year of experience with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Billing experience with Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Fee, T&M and Progress Payments in a government contracting environment.
- Records journal entries and supports other month end close processes.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), cost accounting standards (CAS), and FAR.
- SAP experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings
- Must be able to organize, schedule, and coordinate work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Knowledge of MS Office and strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- US citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager