Program Control AnalystDate posted 05/09/2019
Job ID#: 23838BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Program Control Analyst
Job Category: Finance/Accounting, Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Program Control Analyst to join our Electromagnetic Systems group located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as Program Managements business partner and aid them in achieving programmatic and financial targets and goals
- Assist Program Managers with indentifying, managing, and mitigating cost and schedule risks ensuring quality products and on-time deliveries
- Provide program planning support, including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, status reporting, data validation, and resource planning.
- Assist management in program setup and control; establish and maintain cost/schedule baseline and enforce strict change control.
- Assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries.
- Provide task leaders and program managers with clear, timely and accurate information and make recommendations with which to make decisions.
- Work with Project Managers, Control Account Management team (CAMs) and senior technical personnel to ensure basic principles of Earned Value Management are being applied to program management procedures.
- Track subcontractor status and material receipts, open commitments, and termination liability.
- May assist in development of new business proposals.
- Monitor and assure budget availability, proper approval authorization and charge accounts.
- Utilizes knowledge of MS Excel programming.
- Conducts SQL/Access queries and codes VBA/HTML.
- Assist in the development of Program Control procedures and desktop guides.
- Utilizes experience with databases for dashboarding and metrics reporting.
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports; identify issues, exceptions, and variances; develop solutions to moderately complex issues; follow GA-EMS processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with three or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications that may include SAP, MPM, winsight, Project Server and SharePoint.
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Full Rate Production type Programs preferred.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel: V-look ups, Pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with Grouping Pegging and Distribution (GPD) preferred.
- Prefer strong background in finance or accounting.
- Experience working on Program with heavy material procurements – cradle to grave preferred.
- Must have the ability to work closely with multifunctional and cross business teams including partnering with the Program Office to meet program requirements.
- Experience with DoD (DCAA/DCMA) compliance helpful.
- Must have general knowledge of accounting principles, planning and tracking procedures and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- An effective communicator with the ability to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management. Able to work extended hours and travel as may be required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No