Product and Project Quality Engineer-FAA ExperienceDate posted 06/29/2016
Job ID#: 9092BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Product and Project Quality Engineer-FAA Experience
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Provides expertise in planning, executing and evaluating complicated quality engineering, quality control and manufacturing tasks involving varied inputs within programmatic constraints. Responsible for the quality assurance program implementation and success on one or more major project(s). Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting quality standards and government regulations. Consults with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place and applied successfully. Works on highly complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and provides solutions for design or manufacturing issues and/or enhancements.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance and leads approaches to achieving objectives.
- Creates design, dimensional or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements unique methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Participates in functional testing and/or inspection of equipment and systems.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Leads resolution to complex and diverse problems by providing guidance and direction to quality engineering and technical staff.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- Acts as company contact with suppliers, customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues. Delivers technical presentations.
- Provides project direction and leadership to other staff members.
- In some business units, resolves, communicates and tracks non-conformance, material rejection and corrective action reports and chairs material review board. May also perform internal company audits and conduct vendor qualification examinations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Experience with FAA regulations and orders preferred.