Product & Project Quality Engineer-ElectricalDate posted 08/18/2016
Job ID#: 9589BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Product & Project Quality Engineer-Electrical
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Develops, modifies, documents and directs the implementation and evaluation of quality assurance programs and systems on one or more mid-size to large projects. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting quality standards and government regulations. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place. Works on moderately complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and recommends design or manufacturing changes and enhancements for electrical and electronic assemblies.
- Interface with procurement, manufacturing, engineering and program departments to resolve quality issues.
- Use SAP nonconformance database for evaluation of defect trends.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance as well as approaches to completing projects.
- Creates or recommends design, dimensional or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Participates in functional testing and/or inspection of equipment and systems.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally and at vendor facilities.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations. Provides advice and guidance in interpreting IPC standards.
- Acts as company contact with suppliers, customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues. Delivers technical presentations.
- Provides project direction to other staff members.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Requires a bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering or related discipline and eight or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or six or more years with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a detailed understanding of inspection methods and have strong knowledge of computer operations and applications. Must have a strong knowledge of concepts, techniques, and methods in a particular field of specialization.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to complex quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have strong leadership skills to direct staff members and ensure project costs and schedules are maintained while representing the organization on technical quality assurance issues.
- Able to deliver effective technical presentations and work extended hours as required.
- ASQ certification (CQE, CSQE, MOQ/QE, Sig Sigma Blackbelt or Lean) preferred.