Procurement Compliance Specialist
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Procurement Compliance Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Compliance Specialist to join our Contracts and Procurement team located in Torrey Pines, CA. Under minimal supervision, this position exercises considerable latitude in performing contract and/or procurement analysis to ensure compliance to regulations, contractual requirements and Company policy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the development, implementation and audit of policies, procedures and associated documentation; ensure compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices.
- Facilitate procurement system integrity and compliance.
- Support the review of Orders submitted to Compliance. Following the review, provide guidance to Purchasing personnel on any actions required to ensure the award is compliant to regulation and company policy.
- Conduct Post Award reviews of Orders on a periodic basis and provide results to management and Purchasing personnel.
- Collect and analyze Compliance review data to identify trends and areas for process improvement; develop solutions to complex problems; influence and guide on actions to be taken.
- Flexible, self-starter; works under pressure to meet tight timelines, manage priorities (multitask) and possess ability to drive changes promoting productivity and efficiency.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory changes to ensure compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices.
- Represent the organization as a as a point of contact with internal and external customers and audit agencies; makes presentations as required.
- Provides direction, leadership and training (mentoring) to support professional and technical staff.
- May participate in the selection, development and training of staff.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressive professional contracting and/or procurement compliance experience.
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of FAR, DFARS, DEARS, CAS, ITAR and/or EAR regulations as well as an extensive understanding of one or more of the following: supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, price/cost analysis and/or production control principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Possess moderate to extensive understanding of Subcontract Management principles, including but not limited to Contract Types, Subcontract Financing, Statements of Work review ,Terms and Conditions, contract preparation, etc.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity; (2) strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager