Pricing Analyst - Estimator Bill of MaterialsDate posted 06/08/2016
Job ID#: 8802BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Pricing Analyst - Estimator Bill of Materials
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Pricing Analyst - Estimator in our Contracts group in Poway, CA.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for compiling and analyzing bill of materials data to determine auditability, historical applicability and requirements for quotation. Develops reports and makes presentations as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes bill of material data to auditability, historical applicability and requirements for quotation.
- Analyzes information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Works with multiple disciplines within the company for determine appropriate bidding information for developmental bills of material and change proposals.
- Develops bills of materials for production items using the company’s Cost Estimating System in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Determines manufacturing costs within divisions of company.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and six or more years of experience in finance, accounting, or business administration in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of estimating theories, concepts and principles. Must possess project management skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates. Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards are required. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects ; and (5) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.