Payroll SpecialistDate posted 04/15/2019
Job ID#: 23502BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist within our Accounting group in San Diego, CA. Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for performing a variety of complex accounting support tasks in the Payroll department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various payroll functions (Processing of payroll and weekly time card audits).
- Prepares timely and reliable periodic summaries of accounting records and data.
- Conducts special studies and analysis and prepares required accounting data for assigned projects and/or programs.
- Responds to employee inquiries and performs research.
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs; compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Recommends and may implement the most effective methods for controlling and processing accounting information.
- Ensures proper documentation in accordance with external requirements.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies and performs research.
- Responds to written or verbal inquiries from employees, supervisors, and other departments.
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma and six or more years of progressive experience in a payroll or accounting department. May substitute additional experience in lieu of education.
- Must have strong knowledge of computer operations and applications and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Must have payroll experience and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience with SAP is strongly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of difficult problems.
- Must have good communication, computer, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and capable of effectively interacting with professional staff.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No