Payload Systems Engineer LeadDate posted 05/21/2019
Job ID#: 23465BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Payload Systems Engineer Lead
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Payload Systems Engineer to join our GA-ASI division, directly supporting the MSS Computing & Open Architecture group, sitting in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo / Poway).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor and lead systems engineer.
- Define mission systems/payload architecture and requirements for UAS.
- Lead and support the selection and integration of subsystems (such as SAR/MTI, SIGINT, and EO/IR payloads) into aircraft and GCS, including integration components such as mission computers, software, storage, and security devices, as well as ground control elements including PED systems & interfaces.
- With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude for initiating and developing designs, procedures, techniques and solution to resolving advanced technical engineering problems. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of broad specifications, objectives, possible results anticipated and critical reference points requiring special attention.
- Guides the successful resolution of engineering problems, serves as a consulting resource of engineering knowledge, applies the latest technological advancements to the problem, and may function in a project leadership role.
- Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff, makes technical presentations, and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small identifiable projects.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, seven or more years of experience with a master's degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Proficient decomposing high level mission needs into a system to be built
- Ability to document and communicate this solution, including architecture, requirements, trade studies, and like that show compliance to requirements.
- Experience with systems integration and test
- Experience with airborne payloads such as EO/IR and EW/SIGINT and their data products/uses and operations.
- Must have an ACTIVE SECRET Clearance.U.S. citizenship required.
- Proficient integrating airborne payloads into UAS, including aircraft, GCS, and network and data integration; from early requirements through test
- Experience selecting and integrating airborne payloads (EO/IR, SAR, EW/SIGINT), mission processors, and associated network and security devices.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with desire and ability to plan, propose, and execute new development and build partner collaborations.
- Experience with DoD open architecture standards and approaches.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET Clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret