ParalegalDate posted 09/15/2016
Job ID#: 9836BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Paralegal
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory Services
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to work in our Law Department, located in Torrey Pines, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies data, assembles and edits drafts of contracts, leases, licenses and insurance policies.
- Administers invention disclosures, patent applications, copyright and trademarks.
- Coordinates with departments of other units or subsidiary companies on routine legal issues.
- May prepare and coordinate legal documents required to ensure the company's compliance with a variety of regulatory agencies.
- Maintains central repository, logging systems and filing for corporate and litigation documents.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a Bachelors degree or trade school equivalency. Equivalent professional experience in a law office or legal department may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of corporate law principles, theories and concepts as well as a basic understanding of legal practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow policy and procedures as well as detailed instructions.
- Must possess; (1) good organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings; (2) good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees; (3) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and, (4) good computer skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.