Oracle Apex DeveloperDate posted 01/11/2019
Job ID#: 21782BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Oracle Apex Developer
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have a need for a Senior Oracle/Apex Developer to join the Solutions team in San Diego, CA. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining Oracle Apex reports and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As an Oracle Apex Developer prepares detailed technical specifications for Apex, PL/SQL and SQL coding, and prepares time estimates for assigned tasks.
- Will work primarily with Cost Estimating software writing APEX applications and reports.
- Develops the code using established development methodologies and standards.
- Creates test data to unit test all functions of the coded programs.
- Researches and resolves production application issues. Is responsible for debugging and modifying programs as required.
- Has the ability to solve complex problems through research and technical detective work.
- Has the ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Keeps up with new programming developments ensuring optimal functionality implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in Information Technology or related discipline and nine or more years of progressive professional applications developer experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Experience with any of the following an advantage: SOAP, REST, HTML and CSS.
- Experience with source control concepts and GIT source control application.
- Must possess the ability to follow best practices regarding programming standards, documentation and unit testing.
- Must be able to develop programs in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies, principles, theories, concepts and techniques; and leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, as well as effectively identify, analyze and resolve highly complex technical issues.
- Must be customer focused, demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees.
- Must be able to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel between Company facilities as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No