Mechanical Engineering System Specialist
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Entry-Level (0-2 years)
What makes a successful Mechanical Engineering System Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Specialist to support our Mechanical Engineer group in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of routine activities related to processes and systems within the Mechanical Engineering Group.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and ensures the accuracy of information.
- Coordinates with business and technology teams in determining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
- Verifies and reconciles system data.
- Performs analysis of data errors and identifies issues.
- Analyzes business and technical processes and participates in the development of new and modified business information processing systems.
- Coordinates, tracks, and may report on the progress of assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Represents the functional area or business unit by responding to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an Associates degree in a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of functional area principles, theories, and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) good organization skills and the ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues and solve routine problems; (5) good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (6) full knowledge of computer operations and applications. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager