Material PlannerDate posted 02/06/2019
Job ID#: 22584BR
Job Title: Material Planner
Job Category: Logistics, Manufacturing, Product Support, Supply Chain Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Diazyme, an affiliate of General Atomics, is a cGMP and ISO 13485 certified medical device manufacturer. Diazyme uses its proprietary enzyme technologies to develop diagnostic reagents which can be used on most automated chemistry analyzers in user-friendly formats. Their products include test kits for diagnosis of cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer markers, renal disease, diabetes, and electrolytes.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for assisting in the planning efforts by participating in scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, analysis, reporting, expediting, personnel planning and purchasing for either subtasks of a major research-related or production project or smaller independent projects under the guidance of experienced planning and/or project management personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides planning administration to various tasks/projects including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, analysis, reporting, expediting, personnel planning, purchasing and other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to efficient operation of organization by modifying or developing short and long-range plans and schedules reports and providing progress follow-up and adjustment information.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Contracts, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports.
- Provides task leaders and project management with clear, timely and accurate information with which to make decisions. Alerts operating or project management to deviations (or potential deviations) from the established plan.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- SAP experience is required.
- Must have a basic understanding of planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to learn and apply basic planning tools and techniques; and knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Must maintain a well balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and interpret data; (2) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document, report and present; (4) ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No