Manager of Strategic Development – Advanced ConceptsDate posted 12/16/2016
Job ID#: 10680BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Manager of Strategic Development – Advanced Concepts
Job Category: Business Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Strategic Development – Advanced Concepts to work in our Rancho Bernardo, CA location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting strategic development initiatives for domestic and some international defense programs, overseeing all phases of business development activities to ensure business and financial objectives are attained for domestic/foreign defense procurement and research and development opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams of individuals involved in the capture of new business for current and future opportunities, managing marketing budget and establishing and maintaining relationships with government personnel.
- Direct the development of new strategic business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. Consult with GA EMS Strategic Development Director and Senior Management in pursuing business partnerships, and alliances that enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Lead activities to identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development for current and future defense opportunities.
- Lead the assessment of potential business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Provide guidance in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Act as the primary contact for high level business development activities. Lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance and to disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
- Manages the planning, selection, retention, and development of personnel to ensure the availability of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required