San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Management Assistant at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Assistant to work within our team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates schedules and ensures management is made aware of issues that need immediate attention.
- Responsible for providing direct assistance to a senior manager, director, or above.
- Manages access to and maintains executive schedule, which requires contact with internal management, staff, and external customers or officials.
- Interfaces with executives, managers, and staff as well as customers and visitors to gather and prepare information.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of correspondence, reports, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates various organizational meetings, events, and travel arrangements.
- Tracks progress of delegated staff assignments and may coordinate activities between departments.
- Screens calls, prioritizes mail and maintains follow-up system to ensure completion of each task or project. Maintains confidential and specialized files and/or records.
- Utilizes judgment in determining which tasks can be handled and which tasks need to be directed to management or to other members of the organization.
- May provide guidance and/or direction to other staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma and four or more years’ experience of progressively broadening office administration experience, including experience supporting mid-management or higher positions. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess: (1) a complete understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job; (2) excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities; (3) the ability to identify issues ordinarily encountered and explain and solve routine problems, or situations that require evaluation and interpretation; (4) interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors; (5) understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as an understanding of relevant regulations; (6) knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager