Legal InternDate posted 11/29/2016
Job ID#: 8647BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Legal Intern
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory Services
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Temp Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting year-round opportunity for an undergraduate Intern to work within our Legal team at our facility in La Jolla/Torrey Pines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in supervised practical training within and providing support activity to the Law Department.
- Maintains files for corporate litigation and other legal documents, indexing, maintaining a central repository, maintaining logging systems, and transport of documentation between legal and business departments.
- Performs other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and answering phones.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as internal and external contacts.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately; (2) the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures; (3) basic communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals; (4) the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and (5) basic computer skills.