Legal Intern - Year RoundDate posted 08/21/2018
Job ID#: 20432BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Legal Intern - Year Round
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory Services
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting year-round opportunity for an Undergraduate Intern to work within our Legal Department at our facility in LA Jolla / Torrey Pines. The right individual will be a hardworking, detail-oriented, flexible, and competitive person who routinely performs above expectations and has plans to attend a top law school 1-2 years after graduation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in supervised practical training and provide support activity to the Law Department.
- Maintains files for corporate litigation and other legal documents, which includes indexing, maintaining a central repository, maintaining logging systems, and transporting of documentation between legal and business departments.
- Assists attorneys in closing files for all legal matters managed by the Law Department.
- Performs other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and answering phones. for scheduling
- Corresponds with outside counsel and other departments regarding various legal matters for attorneys.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as internal and external contacts.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above or an LSAT score of 165 of above is strongly preferred.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately; (2) the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures; (3) good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals; (4) the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and (5) basic computer skills.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No