Legal AssistantDate posted 12/30/2016
Job ID#: 10738BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Job Category: Administrative
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant located in Torrey Pines, CA. The legal team is seeking an extremely talented individual to work in a dynamic legal environment, supporting a technology company with over 11,000 employees. The right individual will be a hardworking, detail-oriented and competitive person who routinely performs far and above expectations and has plans to attend a top law school in 1-2 years. Under the direct supervision and tutelage of the General Counsel, this position is responsible for assisting attorneys, paralegals and the General Counsel. The Legal Assistant will perform routine tasks and entry level legal work, maintain calendars for the General Counsel and 6 other attorneys and will monitor and control legal matters and communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the calendar of the General Counsel and other attorneys.
- Perform legal research.
- Assist attorneys with agreement reviews.
- Maintain encyclopedic knowledge of all legal matters.
- Expedite, control and direct traffic for all legal matters to and from the legal department.
- Answer assigned telephone(s) and respond to or direct calls as necessary.
- Perform administrative office duties such as completing reports, typing and filing documents and faxing.
- Receive and direct visitor(s) to proper person and/or location within the legal department.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.6 or above or an LSAT score of 165 or above is strongly preferred.
- Must be customer-focused with: (1) the ability to rapidly change direction as needed, prioritize and complete a variety of administrative tasks; (2) the ability to organize and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones; (3) excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings; (4) solid interpersonal skills to effectively interface with employees and outside representatives; (5) attention to detail; (6) the ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information and exercise sound judgement; (7) strong computer skills; and (8) strong sense of urgency.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours including weekends.