ITS SAP Finance Lead Business Systems AnalystDate posted 09/08/2016
Job ID#: 9732BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: ITS SAP Finance Lead Business Systems Analyst
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Lead Business Systems Analyst to join the ITS Finance Value Stream team in San Diego, CA. This position will report to the ITS Finance Value Stream Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of GA’s ITS team, work with senior-level Finance management to plan, build, and deliver solutions for the GA Finance and Accounting functions
- Work partly in a support/sustainment environment as well as project based environment
- Oversee the delivery of production support fixes and enhancements; establish and monitor process performance metrics and communicate to finance customers the status of issues which affect their areas.
- Lead and manage medium to large projects which includes new solution implementations or major enhancements to existing solutions
- Coordinate execution of development activities and finance regression testing for major upgrades and SAP enhancement pack applications
- Gather business requirements, develop presentations and prototypes to illustrate solution options followed by detailed design, development, testing, implementation, and stabilization of end-to-end solutions
- Lead conversations during blueprinting, design, and implementation with various business stakeholders and peers from other cross-functional teams
- Drive timely resolution of issues assigned through its entire lifecycle – inception to closure
- Develop solution implementation plans in accordance with GA’s project methodology
- Meet project milestones and deadlines: ensure solution quality is delivered and tested
- Perform peer review of solutions and enhancements as requested
- Proficient in writing complex functional specifications and work closely with ABAP developers to develop complex custom solutions in ECC
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field along with fourteen or more years of progressive experience in SAP business analysis, SAP configuration, or related experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with various functions within the SAP-ECC FI and CO modules in a complex business environment involving manufacturing, MRP, procurement, project costing, financial planning & reporting.
- 5+ years of management and project leadership experience; Aptitude and interest for progression into management role
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to work collaboratively with various IT and business counterparts at different levels in the organization
- Flexible; Has the ability and interest to learn new technologies, bring new ideas and solutions that meet business requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a support and project based work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense Industry desired
- Experience with SAP GPD solution desired
- Experience with SAP BPC desired
- PMP certification desired