ITS SAP Finance ArchitectDate posted 04/25/2018
Job ID#: 18178BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: ITS SAP Finance Architect
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an We have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Finance Architect to join the ITS Finance Value Stream team in San Diego, CA. This position will report to the ITS Finance Value Stream Manager.
to join the ITS Finance Value Stream team in San Diego, CA. This position will report to the ITS Finance Value Stream Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of GA’s ITS team, work with Finance and Accounting (F&A) Business functions to plan, build, and deliver solutions with focus on the FICO modules of SAP, including Banking, BPC, CO, GL, GPD, PS, Tax, Treasury as well as experience and integration with Concur Travel Management system, Tax software, Freight Outsourcing (CTSI) and other 3rd party service providers.
- Work partly in a support/sustainment environment as well as project- based environment
- Oversee the delivery of production support fixes and enhancements; establish and monitor process performance metrics and communicate to finance customers the status of issues which affect their areas.
- Lead and manage medium to large projects which includes new solution implementations or major enhancements to existing solutions
- Coordinate execution of development activities and finance regression testing for major upgrades and SAP enhancement pack releases
- Gather business requirements, develop presentations and prototypes to illustrate solution options followed by detailed design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, and stabilization of end-to-end solutions
- Lead blueprinting, design, and implementation with various business stakeholders and peers from other cross-functional teams
- Drive timely resolution of issues assigned through entire lifecycle – inception to closure
- Develop solution implementation plans in accordance with GA’s software development lifecycle and project methodology
- Meet project milestones and deadlines: ensure solution quality is delivered and tested
- Perform peer review of solutions and enhancements as requested
- Proficient in writing complex functional specifications and ability to work closely with ABAP developers to develop complex custom solutions in ECC.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field along with fourteen or more years of progressive experience in SAP business analysis, SAP configuration, or related experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with various functions within the SAP-ECC FI and CO modules in a complex business environment involving manufacturing, MRP, procurement, project costing, financial planning & reporting.
- 5+ years of management and project leadership experience; Aptitude and interest for progression into management role
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to work collaboratively with various IT and business counterparts at different levels in the organization
- Flexible; Has the ability and interest to learn new technologies, bring new ideas and solutions that meet business requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a support and project based work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense Industry desired
- Experience with SAP GPD solution desired
- Experience with SAP BPC desired
- Experience with Concur and Concur Native Connection desired
- PMP certification desired
- Must be a US Person
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? No