ITS Business Analyst/Project ManagerDate posted 08/31/2016
Job ID#: 9656BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: ITS Business Analyst/Project Manager
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently in need of a Business Analyst/Project Manager to join our HR and Administration value stream team here in San Diego, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of GA’s ITS Value Stream team, the individual will participate in supporting the GA&A business in the following value stream tracks:
- Human Resources
- Other Administrative functions
Lead meetings and discussions on new project initiatives throughout all of the phases of typical ITS projects with some or little supervision:
- Perform Project Management Duties
- Facilitate process-oriented meetings
- Understand and identify areas for process improvement through functional and technical solutions
- Distinguish between a reasonable business requirement vs. solution requirement
- Document the process flow in a swim lane format
- Provide solution architect skills
- Write functional specifications for complex development objects (Forms, Reports, Interfaces, Conversion, Enhancements, and Workflow)
- Configure various vendor solutions both on premise and cloud applications
- Engage customers for user acceptance test
- Identify, track, and resolve issues from all phases of the project
- Communicate project statuses both positive and negative in a concise and meaningful manner
- Work closely with the SAP and Non-SAP technical developers, DBA, application administrators, infrastructure teams, security, and other functional analysts for cross-functional delivery of complex solutions
- Follows established change control procedures for migration to QA and Production.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to less experienced staff and may be asked to lead projects
- Represent ITS as a delegate when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field and six or more years of progressive applications experience with at least three of those years in management/lead solution architect role. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of Software lifecycle principles
- Must demonstrate strong Project Management skills and project execution
- SAP experience is not required but preferred
- Proven track record as a Business Analyst or as a functional consultant with multiple implementation projects as well as support experience at medium to large size companies
- Must possess the ability to follow best practices regarding documentation and unit testing
- Must be able to manage several projects, tickets, and other deliverables in a fast-paced environment and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Demonstrate leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, as well as effectively identify, analyze and resolve highly complex business process and technical issues.
- Must be customer focused, demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees.
- Must be a team player with demonstrated professional/social interpersonal relationship management skills
- Must be able to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel between Company facilities as required.
- Must have leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of highly complex and diverse problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Experience working in a Government contracting environment
- Knowledge of general business processes in “facilities management”, “human resources”, and “timekeeping” areas is preferred
- Must be a legal U.S. person to work in secured or export controlled areas