IT Internal AuditorDate posted 08/29/2018
Job ID#: 20537BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: IT Internal Auditor
Job Category: Finance/Accounting, Legal/Regulatory Services
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Internal Auditor. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit & Government Compliance and will be responsible for conducting assigned reviews and audits of IT internal controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s IT systems and related internal controls.
- Evaluate employee compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Research, interpret, and evaluate the Company’s compliance with contractual requirements, including government procurement regulations such as FAR, DFARS, DEAR and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Perform data analytics and prepare process documentation.
- Interface with external auditors, including the Defense Contract Audit Agency.
- Provide advice and guidance to management regarding compliance matters and internal controls.
- Identify, document, summarize, report and present audit findings to management.
- Make recommendations for corrective action and verify the implementation of agreed upon corrective actions.
- Organize, schedule, and conduct workload to meet established milestones.
- Perform or support other audits, internal reviews, or other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance and six or more years of experience in an IT audit (internal or public), IT operational, security, or business controls testing role.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of advanced auditing and internal control concepts.
- Ability to identify business and IT process risks and controls.
- Detailed and extensive technical expertise in the application of IT audit principles and practices, specifically in SAP, Windows, Linux, and Cloud environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- All applicants must be current US Citizens for this position and must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of NIST SP 800-171 and NIST 800-53 is desirable.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Audit Tools and data analysis skills is preferred.
- CISA, CISSP or CIA designation is preferred.
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret