Innovation Architect Senior Manager
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Innovation Architect Senior Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a senior technologist and experienced digital transformation leader for the GA ITS Solutions organization. Reporting to the Senior Director of the ITS Solutions organization, and leveraging the three application development teams (40 members), this position will define and realize a transformation strategy for the business applications and development platforms across the enterprise to transition from a largely on premise traditional application environment to a modern cloud-forward environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strong technical leadership regarding innovation and digital transformation to help further realize the ITS vision to become the digital heartbeat of General Atomics and Affiliates.
- Develop and implement a strategy for creating proficiency with next generation IT capabilities focused on cloud programming and applications, low code/no code solutions and automation capabilities (Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine learning (ML) applications and mobility/wearables technologies).
- Provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development, implementation and adoption of emerging technology initiatives in partnership with the Value Stream Business System Managers.
- Develop and implement a strategy around continuous integration and automation in the delivery of IT services and capabilities through secure Devops.
- Work to align consistent processes and procedures across the various development platforms – including the secure software development lifecycle and software methodologies.
- Drive cross-pollination and cross-skilling across the development platforms.
- Drive alternative implementation methodologies (E.g. Agile) across the development platforms.
- Create an innovation “lab” for IT Solutions to manage a process for watching, assessing, piloting and scaling emerging technologies and perform product evaluations, POCs and white papers related to digital technologies.
- Follow Aerospace and Defense industry market trends, and help identify technology market disruptors, and business-differentiation opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and thirteen or more years of professional experience in information technology with at least seven of those years in management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required
- Proven team and technical leadership experience managing a secure software development lifecycle across multiple development platforms.
- Proven experience working in rapid prototyping environments as well as performing product evaluations, and Proof of Concept’ development initiatives.
- Capable of working with hybrid multi-cloud architecture and cloud application services and delivery.
- Possess strong business acumen, with ability to translate between business and technology needs.
- Define and communicate vision and ideas that inspire others to follow with commitment and dedication.
- Ability to work well at a conceptual level, resolve ambiguity, and to drive concepts out into workable solutions.
- Be able to hold both a "big-picture” and a detailed view of a business problem when considering solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders, application developers and systems technology experts.
- Implementation experience with emerging technologies - such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine learning (ML) applications and Internet of Things (IOT) and mobility/wearables technologies.
- Experience managing development teams utilizing various modern programming languages, such as Python, PHP and HTML.
- Experience managing technologists and technical staff operating Cloud platforms, deploying cloud applications and services. Familiarity with cloud architecture capabilities, such as containerization, Docker & Kubernetes.
- Proven experience working with different implementation & project management methodologies: such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Rally ALM.
- Experience working with low code/no code tools, such as Mendix or Appian.
- Experience working with citizen developer governance and enablement.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager