Information Systems Security Manager
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Information Systems Security Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Information Systems Security Manager to join our Classified Computing team here in San Diego, CA. This position reports to the Manager of Classified Computing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the design, development and implementation of programs, procedures and systems for secure facilities; ensures facility compliance with requirements for classified information system processing.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable policies, regulations, and compliance documents related to classified computing assets and environments.
- Audits the activities of personnel under their charge, ensuring periodic self-inspections are conducted.
- Review various operating systems such as Windows and Linux for compliance with Joint SAP Implementation Guide and standards.
- Leads the recommendation of resource allocation to ensure requirements are met.
- Represents the organization as a primary contact with internal and government customers.
- Participates in the development and delivery of training curriculum.
- May function in a leadership role by providing direction to ISSO's.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related discipline and five or more years of professional experience in information assurance or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Current Top Secret Clearance is required.
- CISSP, CISM or GSLC certification required (i.e. DoD 8570 IAM Levell III).
- Experience with Special Access Programs is required.
- Experience with multiple Government information security policies and regulations: e.g. Risk Management Framework (RMF), ICD-503, JSIG, and NIST 800 series special publications.
- Proficient in writing RMF authorization packages.
- Experience with incident response, disaster recovery, and forensics principles.
- Experience with design of computing hardware and networking.
- Experience with security relevant tools, systems, and applications such as: NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, and HBSS.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of information assurance principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and managing work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex technical and administrative problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager