Information Systems Security ManagerDate posted 12/03/2018
Job ID#: 21698BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Information Systems Security Manager
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Information Systems Security Manager to join our Classified Computing team here in San Diego, CA. This position reports to the Manager of Classified Computing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the design, development and implementation of programs, procedures and systems for secure facilities; ensures facility compliance with requirements for classified information system processing.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable policies, regulations, and compliance documents related to classified computing assets and environments.
- Audits information systems; ensures periodic self-inspections are conducted.
- Review various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Solaris for compliance with NISPOM and standards.
- Leads the recommendation of resource allocation to ensure requirements are met.
- Represents the organization as a primary contact with internal and government customers.
- Participates in the development and delivery of training curriculum.
- May function in a leadership role by providing direction to ISSO's.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related discipline and five or more years of professional experience in information assurance or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DoD clearance is required.
- CISSP, CISM or GSLC certification required (i.e. DoD 8570 IAM Levell III).
- Experience with multiple Government information security policies and regulations: e.g. Risk Management Framework (RMF), DAAPM, ICD-503, JSIG, and NIST 800 series special publications.
- Experience with incident response, disaster recovery, and forensics principles.
- Experience with design of computing hardware and networking.
- Experience with security relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of RMF to include: NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, and HBSS.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of information assurance principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting, and managing work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex technical and administrative problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with other professionals; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret