San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Entry-Level (0-2 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Import/Export Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job ID#: 26459BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Import/Export Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Import Export Compliance Administrator to join our International Trade Compliance team at our Poway location.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals and work well as a team member. Must be open to challenges, new ideas, and change. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Process import and/or export shipments with occasional AES filing.
- Ability to provide logistics and shipment planning support for large scale deployments, demonstrations, trade shows and international shipments as they pertain to import export operations.
- Conduct jurisdiction and classification analysis of GA-ASI products (against USML/CCL/Schedule B/HTS).
- Identify and report to Manager any potential violations of trade compliance regulations and implement process improvements to mitigate risk.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes or rulings and their impact on import/exports;
- Assist in compliance related training initiatives to included training material development and training presentation to various departments and business units.
- Assist with the preparation and/or revision compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and business flowcharts.
- Provide guidance to internal departments of GA-ASI, to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable international trade compliance regulations.
- Maintains the struct confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field. Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding and application of import/export administration principles, theories and concepts; and skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Working knowledge with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, Carnet and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export jurisdiction classification, and license data.
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), and Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) is beneficial.
- Must possess the ability to resolve a variety of non-routine administrative matters.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in fast paced highly regulates environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse groups involved in the import/export process: logistics, marketing, programs, finance, sales, legal, shipping/receiving and contracts.
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point skills are beneficial.
- Preferred experience with Sharepoint, SAP and OCR EASE software applications.
- Preferred aerospace or defense company prior experience.
- Custom’s Brokers License Preferred
- Ability to obtain security clearance as may be required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager