Human Resources Director
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Human Resources Director at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
This position is responsible for directing one or more human resources function(s) either for the company or for one or more assigned segment (s) of the company. Objectives are typically accomplished through subordinate manager(s) and/or human resources professionals. The position oversees all phases of the function(s). In consultation with executive management, develops and implements current, annual and long- term schedule, quality, business and financial objectives for the function(s) and consults on the development of annual and long-term objectives for the business organization. Represents the organization with external contacts including business and non-business communities while ensuring strong leadership and business excellence is maintained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight while directing one or more of the following human resources function(s) either for the company or for one or more assigned segment(s) of the company: employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruiting, and/or training and development.
- Identifies and anticipates critical issues and provides leadership in developing and implementing innovative solutions.
- Consults on the development, revision, interpretation, and execution of human resources policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provides counsel on human resources matters to employees and management at all levels, including those at senior and executive levels.
- Remains current on relevant company policies and procedures as well as on state and federal laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Represents the organization with external contacts such as EEOC, INS, OFCCP, and DCAA.
- Oversees the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management, professional, and technical talent for the assigned areas.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressive human resources professional experience with at least nine of those years managing human resources processes and personnel. Additional professional experience or formal training in human resources may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have extensive and detailed technical expertise and application of relevant human resources principles, theories and concepts.
- Must be able to provide leadership and direction to staff and colleagues while representing the organization, internally and externally, as a spokesperson regarding human resources matters.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems using a high degree of independent judgment; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including executive and senior management, senior external parties and government agencies; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide others; (4) the ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, budget and manage projects; and (5) good knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field.
- Must be able to work on a self- initiated basis and lead in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager