HRIS Business AnalystDate posted 04/16/2019
Job ID#: 23527BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: HRIS Business Analyst
Job Category: Human Resources, Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HRIS Business Analyst to work within our HRIS team, located in San Diego. The ideal candidate is someone who is collaborative, detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and logical.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes data and situations and develops solutions. Influences and guides stakeholders on actions to be taken.
- Conducts user acceptance testing for changes made within SAP as well as for integrations tying SAP and external systems.
- Works with IT to develop security profiles for human resources systems and independently validates security role profiles once developed.
- Under general supervision, initiates, plans and manages projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Independently develops / translates business requirements into specifications that are used to develop / enhance HR system integrations and HR system enhancements
- Assists business with getting appropriate data and changes into SAP.
- Makes edits to organization and cost center codes.
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records. May develop new or revise existing electronic or hard copy reporting systems.
- Responds to diverse and complex inquiries regarding confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- Periodically audits data in HR systems to ensure accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional experience in a Human Resources department.
- May substitute a certificate in human resources from a recognized organization and/or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have previous experience working with SAP.
- Must have a general knowledge of human resource principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess:(1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity;(2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences, including senior management;(3) excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, senior managers and senior external parties; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects and, (6) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience writing business specifications is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No