Help Desk TechnicianDate posted 09/15/2016
Job ID#: 9770BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Help Desk Technician to work within our ITS Service Desk & ITSM team at our facility in San Diego, CA.
Under the general guidance of Help Desk Lead, this position will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, screens, and resolves telephone inquiries from employees regarding issues/problems with their personal computers or peripheral hardware, including their operating systems and office programs.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates and analyzes computer problems utilizing department procedures, database records and experience.
- Identifies and analyzes problems to provide resolution or arrange for service with a technician.
- Maintains database for tracking activity of all service requests.
- Notifies PC Technicians or management of recurring problems or patterns of problems.
- Prepares reports as requested and maintain and update records and databases.
- Stays current on personal computer and peripheral equipment changes and trends.
- Recommends updates/changes to department procedures.
- May assist in software and hardware evaluations, and may assist in configuring or updating personal computers, peripheral equipment or with software deployment.
- Typically requires an Associate’s degree with an emphasis in information technology, or a related discipline and three or more years of progressive personal computer technical experience in an information systems department. A certificate in information technology from a recognized organization or additional equivalent experience in an information systems department may be substituted in lieu of education.
- The position requires full knowledge of current personal computers, relevant operating systems and associated peripheral equipment and a general understanding of department policies and procedures.
- Must be customer focused, able to explain or interpret general information, communicate with all levels of employees, establish priorities, resolve routine technical situations, and able to work extended hours as required.