Government Property AdministratorDate posted 04/04/2019
Job ID#: 23377BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Government Property Administrator
Job Category: Facilities
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Government Property Administrator to work within our Facilities department located in Torrey Pines, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers property management program activities to ensure continual accountability of government, associate contractor, or company property in accordance with applicable government regulations or corporate policy.
- Maintains property accountability records and determines condition and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Conducts self-assessment audits and reports; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts.
- Develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy and procedures.
- Identifies government property issues, and provides leadership in developing solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Utilizes knowledge of government contracting to include (FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.).
- Prepares periodic and special purpose reports.
- Represents the organization as a prime contact for property management with internal and external customers.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, management or related field and three or more year’s progressive experience in government property administration.
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SAP, highly desirable.
- Must have an in depth understanding of government property administration principles, theories and concepts as well as a strong understanding of property administration practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment in solving a variety of complex tasks and issues.
- Utilize strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings
- The ability to work independently or lead in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No