Government and Travel AccountantDate posted 01/04/2019
Job ID#: 22055BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Government and Travel Accountant
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Performs specific general accounting and travel accounting activities through the input of accounting transactions and the monitoring, coordinating, and summarizing of accounting results.
- Provides administrative support to the accounting and travel team members.
- Reviews and processes Travel and Expense reports; may interact with traveler and/or admin to ensure compliance with processes and procedures.
- Maintains excel files and tracks activities for a variety of accounts. Performs data downloads from the accounting system, prepares reports, and formats the data.
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and procedures when responding to specific questions and non-routine problem resolution.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilize MS office suite, SAP, Concur and other applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or related professional degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Working experience with Excel, SAP, and Concur is highly desired.
- Ability to learn and apply basic accounting concepts, to follow company policies and procedures, and to apply appropriate tools of the accounting profession to accurately complete standard accounting tasks.
- Ability to use established formats to produce accurate, appropriate accounting documentation.
- May be required to present accounting data.
- Must have demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of computer accounting software and applications.
- Must have good interpersonal skills including ability to communicate clearly with other professionals.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No