Global Supplier Quality ManagerSan Diego, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Assurance Manager to join our team here in San Diego.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and personnel to ensure proper supplier identification, approval, part/assembly placement, oversight, and rating of all suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate potential risk regarding Procured materials.
- Partner with procurement, manufacturing, engineering and program departments to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Participates in innovative and practical solutions to complex technical and quality problems. Work closely with Procurement and Supplier base on preventative action to ensure the receipt of conforming products
- Responsible for procured product acceptance though source and receiving inspection.
- Evaluates, plans, and leads the Supplier Quality work, approves project corrective action commitments, and follows up to assure effective implementation.
- Leads the development and maintenance of supplier quality flow-down requirements.
- Coordinate periodic supplier performance reviews and mange supplier audit program.
- Interface with ASI customers as required.
- Establish/Improve Supplier Quality program and transition from Design or Manufacturing to Supplier processes.
- Leads ASI counterfeit parts compliance program
- Develop, implement and maintain supplier quality performance program
- Ensure efficient department performance and budget accountable
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex QA experience with at least seven of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- At least 10 years of direct Supply Chain Quality management experience. Must have Global Supply Chain experience.
- ASQ certification desirable, Supply Chain background in Aerospace and Defense is required
- Must be experienced in development and implementation of Quality Supply Chain programs and processes
- US Citizenship Required
- Experience in design review and change incorporation is a plus.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive working knowledge and understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, DoD regulations and practices; extensive knowledge of AS9100 or similar quality system; and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical and management issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer