Fleet Services SupervisorDate posted 04/25/2019
Job ID#: 23625BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Fleet Services Supervisor
Job Category: Facilities
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Management Supervisor to join our Facilities department located in San Diego County, CA. This position is responsible for fleet management of corporate vehicles including but not limited to, small transport vehicles, light duty trucks, large trucks, and various types of equipment at sites across the United States utilizing a fleet management platform. This position also leads the daily operation of the corporate Transportation Services staff in the greater San Diego area providing services such as pick-up and deliveries, vehicle inspections and outfitting, and facilitation of preventative maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the Fleet Management Platform and the timely corrective and preventative maintenance of corporate fleet vehicles, purchasing and leasing of new vehicles and equipment and disposition of retired assets, registration and vehicle inspections, and local equipment rental services.
- Supervises the daily operation of the local transportation staff to ensure efficient processing, documentation, delivery of packages, and express mail from point of origin through final placement.
- Ensures the delivery and pickup service requests are scheduled efficiently, including office furniture and equipment moves.
- Initiates process improvements to optimize the performance of the transportation area.
- Identifies and resolve delivery and scheduling problems through timely communication with drivers and customers.
- Assigns tasks, reviews work, and provides direction to staff while ensuring business objectives are met.
- Participates in the planning, attraction, selection, retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required talent.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Prepares monthly status report and other reports or documentation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires an associate's degree or two-year technical or trade school certification and nine or more years of progressive experience in transportation services with at least three of those years as a supervisor. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Experience with EFleets Fleet Management system is preferred.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of transportation services including DOT regulations, BIT inspections, CARB requirements, and other regulatory compliance requirements as it relates to the transportation industry.
- Must have a valid California driver's license and a good driving record verified by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) good organization and leadership skills to maintain flow of work by assigning workloads to personnel; (2) strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with others; (3) the ability to analyze and use judgment in resolving moderately complex issues and problems; and, (4) strong knowledge of computer operations and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and specialized facilities/fleet management software.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as well as the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No