Financial Analyst - Temp
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Financial Analyst - Temp at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst (Temp) to temporally join the Program Finance division of our Program Planning & Controls group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway, CA. This position, under general direction is responsible for supporting programs teams plan and budget work, track financial performance and develop estimates at completion. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Works closely with program managers in planning and budgeting work, tracking actual incurred spending, anticipated to go spending, and expected profit margins.
- Develops performance baselines with integrated schedules.
- Supports program manager(s) in the development of Estimates at Complete (EACs) for a variety of contract types
- Prepares contract and funding status and project performance reports.
- Monthly performance monitoring and reporting.
- Review and understand contract terms and conditions & ensure compliance to financial clauses and contractual requirements throughout project implementation.
- Prepare slides and present financial and Earned Value data at monthly Program Review.
- Participate in internal and external audit.
- Performs cash flow analysis.
- Assists with unbilled accounts receivable analysis.
- Updates and maintains projects and work breakdown structures in the Project Systems module in the company's ERP system.
- Reviews labor and procurement requisition charging.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager