Experienced Subcontracts AdministratorDate posted 01/15/2016
Job ID#: 7429BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Subcontracts Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interprets, and recommends contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that subcontract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractor, writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts; interacts with Program Management, customers and vendor personnel
- Responds to a variety of complex inquires, some of which require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with Program Management and customer representatives
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records
- May provide direction and training to less experienced staff on subcontract matters and may make presentations as required.
- Develops subcontract specifications, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, and administers resulting subcontracts. Completes detailed RFP/RFQ’s for time and material, labor-hour, cost reimbursable and fixed price work efforts.
- Negotiates, administers and closes-out subcontracts.
- Performs cost and price analysis on subcontractor’s proposals.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications to subcontracts.
- Analyzes and evaluates potential problems with subcontractor commitments.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract, or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education
- Must have a thorough understanding of acquisition principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level.
Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems;
- excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences;
- excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and,
- excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as the prime contact on subcontract matters with program management, vendors, and customers and, provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.