Senior Software Developer, C/C++Date posted 05/23/2019
Job ID#: 24038BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Senior Software Developer, C/C++
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Software Developer to support our Software Engineering group in Poway, CA.
- Under general supervision with limited review, this position independently determines approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates.
- Communicates with domain experts, outside customers, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle. Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions on specific programs or projects. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No