Experienced Manned Aircraft PilotDate posted 01/06/2019
Job ID#: 22101BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Manned Aircraft Pilot
Job Category: Pilots
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aircraft Pilot to join our company! This Aircraft Pilot will be responsible for ground and flight operations including mission planning, briefing, debriefing, Crew Resource Management (CRM), flight plan test reviews, aircraft modification efforts, and company training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operates company aircraft in flight and ensures the highest level of safety during all mission types. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in serious project delays.
- Responsible for flight operations including mission planning, briefing, debriefing, Crew Resource Management (CRM), flight plan test reviews, aircraft modification efforts, and company training.
- Pilot aircraft; responsible for safety of airplane, passengers, and crew.
- Identify and assess technical issues and determine and develop solutions; coordinate with maintenance personnel to correct aircraft discrepancies.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR's).
- Complete, maintain, and track all qualifications associated with aircraft training, pilot currencies, and medical requirements.
- Conduct VIP level demonstrations for military and commercial customers.
- Direct the activities of less experienced professional and support staff.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to a four-year technical degree and five or more years progressive experience in ground and flight operations. Equivalent professional aviation experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a strong aviation background and demonstrate a complete understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- (1) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Pilot Multi-Engine Land (CMEL) Instrument Aircraft rating and current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate;
- (2) 2000 hours logged total pilot time including 1500 hours Pilot in Command, 500 hours Cross Country, 100 hours Instrument, and 500 hours in turbine aircraft;
- (3) ability to obtain a DOD clearance(s) as well as customer specific clearance(s);
- (4) ability to travel both domestic and international for extended periods;
- (5) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; and
- (6) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications. The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 50% - 75%
Clearance Required? No