Experienced Airframe Technician / Aircraft TechnicianDate posted 02/01/2019
Job ID#: 22497BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Airframe Technician / Aircraft Technician
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Avionics/Electronics, Manufacturing, Technicians
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Technician within our ASI Division on 1st and 2nd Shift.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include aircraft assembly, maintenance, testing, repair and performs and/or assists with fabrication, modification, assembly, repair and maintenance of complex electro/mechanical actuators, landing gear and related aeronautical assemblies with limited supervision from Lead or Supervisor.
- Diagnoses and corrects failures or trouble sources in electrical/mechanical devices.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Must be deadline sensitive and able to work effectively in a team setting.
- Must have strong skills using conventional hand tools, Calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, and fluke meters.
- Must be able to operate some of the following machine shop equipment: grinders, band saws, presses, and drill presses.
- Aircraft Assembly could include: wiring of aircraft systems, Installation of engine support systems and airframe related systems.
- System level troubleshooting of aircraft communication systems.
- Maintenance and Repair of aircraft systems (electronics, mechanical, engines, support systems, and fuel systems).
- Performing System Isolation Fault.
- Performs manual testing of aircraft and individual assemblies.
- Will be required to perform routine shop duties as required by the shop supervisor, including but not limited to handling bulk supplies and ordering materials.
- Assist in creation of Stationized Work Instructions, etc.
- Will also be responsible for off aircraft assembly of spare components and support equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of office personal computer operating systems is required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
- Must work extended hours when required. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- This facility operates on a 9/80 schedule.
- Typically requires Associate's degree or equivalent with two or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools and operate laboratory equipment.
- O Level Schooling
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, cryogens, or radioactive materials.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired