ExpediterDate posted 12/11/2018
Job ID#: 21825BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Expediter
Job Category: Material and Production Control
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Expediter to join our Production Control group located in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating, processing and monitoring material and parts to ensure on-time and accurate delivery schedules. Expedites in accordance with production schedules and determines shortages. Participates in maintaining progress or schedule reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works Closely with Production Planning, Production and Material Control to identify materials having critical delivery schedules or requiring expediting.
- Maintains and updates files providing information on critical schedule material.
- Coordinates with Material Planning, Purchasing and Shipping to expedite critical schedule material or return/rejected material to vendors.
- Expedites movement of critical parts through Receiving, Quality Control and Stockroom.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- May be required to pick up critical parts from distributors/vendors when authorized.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years experience. Must demonstrate full knowledge of expediting principles and concepts.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts quickly; (2) strong organization skills; (3) the ability to identify issues and interpret data; (4) good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for accurate documentation and reporting.
- Experience using SAP or similar ERP system in order to track and understand transactions.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and to attend to multiple projects simultaneously.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No