Enterprise Information Architecture Manager (Data and Reporting)
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Enterprise Information Architecture Manager (Data and Reporting) at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Information Architecture Manager (Data and Reporting) in San Diego, Ca. This role provides leadership and manages all phases of planning, design, development, implementation and support of strategic business solutions related to data, analytics, and reporting. This role hybrid technical and business leadership role providing both vision and hands on development &/or management of activities related to data, analytics, and reporting initiatives. The scope of this role is also known as establishing and managing Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA), which is essentially the company’s approach to maturing data and reporting capabilities and processes. This individual will liaison with various analytics business teams and the technical teams to identify synergies and optimize solution value. This leader will contribute to the development of annual and long-term objectives for EIA across the enterprise. Additionally this leader will oversee development of process, procedures, and interpret existing policies/procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the establishment and on-going management for data, analytics, & reporting vision, strategy and execution from both a functional and technical perspective
- Serve as an architect in designing solutions that are complimentary to data, analytics, and reporting strategies
- Provide tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data management, analytics and visualization across our entire ecosystem to enable data driven decision making
- Facilitate internal collaboration and continuous communication to develop and maintain a strong network of partnerships across all business functional areas and technical teams.
- Design and implement analytic solutions that are robust and scalable.
- Develops objectives for data, analytics, and reporting initiatives and manages achievement of those objectives.
- Must be able to multi-task, and manage deliverables based on established timelines.
- Manages the administration and development of solutions to support the business.
- Analyzes and plans for future.
- Develops solutions to complex management and technical issues/problems.
- Analyzes business needs and evaluates capabilities to recommend best solution for implementation.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Job Qualifications Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and eleven or more years of professional experience in information technology with at least five of those years in management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Must have thorough knowledge in the application of information technology principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as strong project leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating tasks to meet established deadlines. Must be able to resolve complex and diverse management and technical problems. Must be able to serve as spokesperson on projects and initiatives. Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with others. Must be customer focused and able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment. Must be agile at times to work extended hours and travel as required. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Strong technical acumen and hands-on Analytics experience including, but not limited to:
- SAP: Business Warehouse, Business Objects
- Microsoft: Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Excel
- SQL statement development and optimization
- Must have detailed knowledge of business process principles, concepts, theory, and practices.
- Familiar with data architecture approaches to support operations research analyses and data model best practices.
- Experience with preparing strategy, roadmap and executive briefings.
- Ability to work collaboratively with many functions and teams to develop a cohesive plan and execute to achieve desired outcome in timely manner.
- Capable of managing others to achieve results in a matrixed cross-functional structure without formal HR reporting structure.
- Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or completion dates.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager