Engineering Supervisor - Mechanical Systems IntegrationDate posted 04/19/2018
Job ID#: 18071BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Engineering Supervisor - Mechanical Systems Integration
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor to lead a dynamic team of engineers and designers focused on complex mechanical integration projects. Reporting to a Manager, the Supervisor will be responsible for the team’s productivity, growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct the work of engineers and designers in resolving various activities associated with Payloads & Special Projects at a detail level and at an aircraft level, overseeing outputs for consistency and accuracy
- Plan and schedule work assignments for the team, reporting status on regular intervals commensurate with program cadence and needs.
- Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and report status to internal management.
- Assure that internal and external customer needs are identified and addressed
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members, serve as a resource to share specialized knowledge with the team.
- Define individual accountability and milestones to meet project objectives.
- Communicates performance expectations and provides assistance to resolve problems encountered by the team.
- Participate in and lead design reviews with internal teams, management, and external customers.
- Generate and present analytical data for integrating new and existing technologies and capabilities into GA-ASI developed aircraft, both internally and externally installed. Plan and conduct structural, mechanical, and system tests supporting those decisions.
- Monitor and maintain manpower for engineering and design resources to support multiple programs.
- Allocate and obtain resources necessary to complete the program (testing plans, technician availability, drawing tracking through release, off site support)
- May generate requirements and recommendations on the acquisition and use of equipment, systems, or other capital expenditures
- Make recommendations on human resources actions (e.g. staffing, training, compensation, etc.)
- Approve all design, test plans, and detail drawings and parts lists supporting integration and flight testing of aircraft components.
- Assist in selecting components, assist in the set-up and operational testing, including strain gages, load cells, airflow sensors, displacement sensors, etc.
- Assist in and verify aircraft integration, or testing and validation of hardware and systems prior to aircraft integration.
- Support the development and approval of AFA’s, AWI’s, AFTO’s, test procedures and associated reports. Generate and document critical systems integration requirements for dissemination to other functional engineering groups through the use of engineering memos, ICDs, DDS, etc.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, seven or more years of experience with a Master’s degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment. Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No