Engineering Manufacturing LiaisonDate posted 10/23/2018
Job ID#: 21296BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Engineering Manufacturing Liaison
Job Category: Material and Production Control, Product Support
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manufacturing Liaison to join our Material Management group located in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA,
Under general supervision and with intermittent review, this position supports program engineering and manufacturing by serving as a liaison for the material planning department. Reviews and monitors program development progress and expedites critical path components and processes to maintain schedule. Analyzes cost, schedule and build risk and develops action plans to support program’s goals and milestones.
May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery. This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with engineering to capture and consolidate all material requirements.
- Identifies material risks and develops action plans to support program’s goal and milestone.
- Develops metrics to monitor and improve the procurement value chain.
- Monitors and reports on progress of manufactured parts required for project.
- Coordinates with component and manufacturing engineering to develop a support strategy for obsolescence.
- Coordinates with manufacturing engineer and production planning to facilitate a support strategy for development and prototype builds.
- Tracks and manage all Supplier Disposition Request and coordinates with functional groups to ensure timely responses.
- Coordinates with the Master Scheduler to assist in the development of the program’s integrated master schedule.
- Coordinates with purchasing to prioritize and expedite critical path materials.
- Monitors and analyzes open material and engineering issues affecting sales orders.
- May conduct periodic program engineering/manufacturing planning meetings.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business, planning or a related discipline as well as three or more years of progressive experience in planning, coordinating and scheduling production operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must have a general knowledge of production and engineering support principles and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to use independent analysis and judgment in developing solutions to a variety of non-routine problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers and external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No