Department AssistantDate posted 12/20/2016
Job ID#: 10699BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Department Assistant
Job Category: Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Department Assistant to work in our Poway facility support International Strategic Development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing departmental assistance to the International Strategic Development team.
- Manages access to and maintains departmental schedules which requires contact with internal management, staff, and external customers or high ranking officials.
- Has access to sensitive information necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Communicates with executive, administrative and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Initiates special reports and completes a variety of administrative assignments.
- Work will include but not limited to Administrative; scheduling; some domestic travel; correspondence; visibility to high ranking DoD and Gov’t personnel.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Will be required to work extended work hours as needed.
- Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities.
- The ability to identify issues, interpret and explain complex information and solve non-routine problems, issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors.
- Previous experience with DoD or Military background is preferred.
- Previous experience setting up both domestic and international travel is preferred.