Inventory Data Entry ClerkDate posted 12/02/2016
Job ID#: 10540BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Inventory Data Entry Clerk
Job Category: Administrative
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Department Assistant out of our offices located in Poway, CA.
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or human resources or for one or more project/business/technical units. Maintains, processes, reviews, and compiles a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports, records, statistics, timelines, tables, correspondence, and presentations, which requires tact and discretion in handling. Provides data and information requiring some explanation or interpretation. Primary contacts are within the department with occasional contact with management and representatives of outside organizations. Detailed instructions are provided for new activities or special assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of one or more functional areas or one or more project/business/technical units.
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources.
- Coordinates, tracks, and may report on the progress of unit work assignments and/or projects.
- Maintains and updates a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and/or hard copy reports and records.
- Responds to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources.
- Prepares requested electronic and hard copy reports, and presentations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of assigned functional area principles, theories, and concepts.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (3) strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities; (4) the ability to identify issues and solve routine problems; (5) good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (6) full knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.