Cyber Security AnalystDate posted 08/15/2018
Job ID#: 20309BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). Under general supervision of the Cyber Security Manager, this position is responsible for intrusion detection, incident response and the administration of security controls to prevent unauthorized access, modification, and/or unauthorized disclosure of company information. May participate in developing programs and processes to ensure security protocols are not compromised. Participates in administering security policies to control access to systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and manages security devices such as network and application firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, E-mail filtering, User and Entity Behavior Analytics, and Security Information and Event Management systems.
- Provides technical support and consultation as it relates to network and multi-platform systems security configurations.
- Resolves security-related operational issues reported through internal ticketing systems, including fault isolation and resolution for security devices and escalating responses when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with security policies and standards.
- May provide information security awareness training to employees, contractors, and other third parties.
- May be a point of contact with suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Must be willing and able to participate in an on-call duty rotation schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in a related discipline and two or more years of progressive experience in computer system security or related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of computer system or network security principles, concepts, practices and techniques.
- Must have experience organizing, planning scheduling conducting, and managing work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of technical problems; (2) good analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; (3) good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with other professionals; and (4) good computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must qualify for, attain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Personnel Security Clearance.
- Prefer at least one professional certification, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security (CCNA:S), CompTIA Security+, EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Continuous Monitoring Certification (GMON), or similar.
Travel Percentage Required : None
Clearance Required? Yes