Contracts and Procurement Business Systems Analyst
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Contracts and Procurement Business Systems Analyst at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Business Systems Analyst to work with our Contracts and Procurement group, located in Poway, CA.
The Contracts and Procurement Operations Business Systems Analyst designs and delivers modern, easy to use enterprise applications using standard platforms and data architectures for web applications (K2, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle) and is responsible for technical leadership and implementation of effective solutions to achieve business goals and create an outstanding customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for digital transformation initiatives including the architecture, design and standards for the solution.
- Supports the research and analysis of new solution capabilities and recommends business process efficiencies.
- Responsible for technical excellence, quality functionality, and implementations that are built for scale, efficiency and a great customer experience across the enterprise.
- Supports business needs and recommends application designs, including business process automation activities such as developing automated workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Analyzes, validates and develops business and technical process requirements; assists in the developing system requirements, techniques and controls while coordinating the implementation efforts of requirements.
- Develops solution architectures and ensure compatibility with the enterprise technology architecture.
- Provides best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration including the use of business process and forms, business intelligence, collaboration services, and collaborative document management.
- Creates, develops, executes, tests, and documents procedures and standards adhering to best practices and following agile methodology.
- Provides best practice advice throughout the application life cycle e.g. technical design, solution development and methodologies.
- Assists with the creation/sharing/collaborating on materials to support both design and delivery.
- Supports the design of standard configurations, technology implementation and modification activities; present and defend design decisions.
- Monitors web collaboration sites and web applications (i.e. SharePoint and K2) while providing support in the development and structuring of new sites, updating existing content, and supporting implementations on new programs.
- Assigns proper permission levels for all users, review and audit permissions and privileges.
- Acts as an advocate to enhance the use of the current software/computer systems and ensure users are trained.
- Researches, plans, evaluates, and coordinates new and/or modification/upgrades of existing business applications.
- Participates in cross-functional efforts as necessary to optimize business process.
- Serves as liaison between business process owners and functional groups within the business units.
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and guides the development on innovative solutions to diverse challenges concerning a variety business data, some of which contain confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- Provides troubleshooting support on high level application issues experienced by users.
- Take initiative and ownership to provide solutions on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and ten or more years of technical experience working with computerized financial, accounting, purchasing, payroll, human resources, manufacturing, or other business related systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience as a business systems analyst working with computerized management systems to include, but not limited to, product life cycle systems is highly desirable.
- Must be experienced in leading and coordinating interactions between business system end-user and technical staff.
- Experience working with users to gather requirements, confirm/meet expectations, and train/support delivered solutions.
- Experience and proficiency in designing transformational application solutions.
- Proficiency with relational database systems like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, including SSRS and SSIS, working with views and stored procedures, scripting and Web Services.
- Experience working directly with users to meet their business needs.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels.
- Ability to function as a business partner to functional/process areas and team well with others.
- Must be a team player-highly adaptive, resourceful, accountable, enjoys learning and sharing.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- At least 5 years designing software applications.
- Strong MS Office and SharePoint skills.
- Experience with development environments and technologies such as Visual Studio, SAP, InfoPath, Nintex, K2, and/or SQL highly desired.
- Experience developing company level processes & procedures is desirable, as well as training & experience in CMMI, ISO 9001 requirements and audits/appraisals.
- SharePoint Online experience, including workflow creation, metadata tagging, and design using SharePoint Designer.
- High aptitude for software technology and tools strong propensity toward learning new technologies and design patterns.
- Understanding and knowledge of SDLC methodologies and exposure ITSM and ITIL.
- Knowledge and application of User interface/User Experience (UI/UX) concepts.
- Functionally adaptive to lead &/or assist in other areas of business process improvement (beyond the scope of reporting), such as special projects.
- Well-developed analytical and quantitative skills with ability to research and interpret data as well as make recommendations.
- Customer focused, able to look at long-term trends and emerging requirements, general understanding of government cost accounting.
- Knowledge of defense contracting industry is desired.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager