Contracts Administrator - Army ProgramsDate posted 07/25/2016
Job ID#: 9301BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Contracts Administrator - Army Programs
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an experienced Contracts Administrator to work out of our Poway, CA location.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for supporting one or more business units in the management of contracts. Areas of responsibility include proposal review, contract preparation, negotiation, administration, and customer interface to provide for contract award and fulfillment in accordance with company policy. Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and customer solicitation requirements.
- Identifies contract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Participates in negotiating and modifying standard contracts and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Makes internal presentations and acts as a contact with customers and outside organizations.
- Provides direction to support staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in contract administration or a related discipline, along with three or more years of progressive professional experience in acquisition. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general knowledge of contract principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and, (4) excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP desirable. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.