Commercial Framer / CarpenterDate posted 02/13/2019
Job ID#: 22661BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Commercial Framer / Carpenter
Job Category: Facilities
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Framer/Carpenter to join our Construction Services team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs trade work, such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures.
- Performs preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment according to established procedures.
- Performs general building construction services for new construction/ renovation (i.e., framing, drywall, taping, texture, painting, flooring and base, doors, frames and hardware).
- Performs various routine facilities tasks as requested by managers and maintenance requests.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years' experience in construction, facilities maintenance or a related field. Must demonstrate considerable knowledge of construction or facilities maintenance principles and concepts.
- Must possess:
- A valid California driver's license with a good driving record verified by the DMV.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- Good organization skills and ability to establish priorities.
- The ability to identify issues, solve and respond to routine problems.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, and report information as well as the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management.
- General knowledge of shop math.
- Working knowledge and use of hand and power tools and measuring instruments.
- The ability to climb ladders and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No