CMMI Quality Management Systems Senior EngineerDate posted 12/22/2015
Job ID#: 7302BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: CMMI Quality Management Systems Senior Engineer
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support QMS Manager by driving QMS initiatives and leading teams.
- Facilitate development of advanced quality concepts to enhance QMS, business process, tools and measures.
- Develop innovative and practical solutions to complex and unique process problems and system improvement through the use of best practices (i.e. Six-Sigma, Lean Methods).
- Facilitates management of QMS resources and objectives, including: Regulatory Compliance, Internal Audits, Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA), Business Process Improvement support, QMS Metrics and Records.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure leading edge business practices are defined and implemented.
- Work with integrated teams to develop creative solutions to systems problems and improve key process activities/initiatives measurably and enhance overall business practices.
- Develop and document procedures and action plans to define new systems and continually improve existing systems.
- Provide internal training for QMS functions including organizational training and subject matter expertise for QMS compliance and process improvements..
- Lead and/or facilitate QMS third party regulatory audits (ISO9001, AS9100, CMMI).
- Lead and/or facilitate internal and external audits (CMMI, AS9100, regulatory, customer, etc.). Review corrective action plans.
- Facilitate CAPA action requests from remedial action, root cause, corrective action, verification of effectiveness and through closure.
- Develop and implement system improvements to maintain process excellence through Measurement & Analysis.
- Implement, monitor and measure business process improvements to maintain process excellence and QMS compliance.
- Develop innovative and practical solutions to complex and unique process problems through the use of best practices (i.e. Six-Sigma, Lean Methods).
- Work with integrated teams to measurably enhance overall business practices.
- Requires a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, business, quality system or technical field and experience working in a technical industry, preferably aerospace or related discipline and ten or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or six or more years with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Formal training in Six Sigma, AS910-0 and CMMI preferred.
- Must demonstrate a detailed working knowledge and understanding of QA principles, concepts, theories, regulations and practices; extensive knowledge of ISO 9000/AS9100 or similar quality system.
- Must possess ability and project management skills, including organizing, planning, scheduling, prioritizing to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical and systems issues.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; and, strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and be able to work extended hours.
- Travel may be required, not exceed 10%.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, project management and problem resolution.
- Six Sigma belt certification, ASQ CQE and/or formal training in CMMI V. 1.3 preferred and training on Lean Manufacturing methods.
- MS Suite, including MS Project, SharePoint, SAP and/or Oracle experience.
- Experience in team facilitation and root cause analysis and resolution
- Quality engineering or management experience working in the DoD or aerospace industries is required.
- Proven QMS Leadership experience.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex systems issues.
- Database management skills.